Social media’s rapid rise over recent years gave marketers exciting new tools for communicating with customers and prospects. Suddenly, established marketing tactics such as email were seen as old fashioned, one-way channels that consumers were increasingly likely to ignore.
But rather than making email obsolete, social media has made email an even more powerful marketing channel: it gives marketers other online options besides an outbound email campaign for messages they want to share with their audiences. And, research shows that social media usage actually makes consumers more engaged with their email.
As a result, smart marketers have learned that email and social media are complementary not competitive channels. The best results come when marketing strategy integrates social media and email marketing to grow your audience, share your company’s content, convert more prospects into customers, and boost your campaign ROI.
This guide will give you the tools to do so.
Table of Contents
- Discovering Where Your Audience Is
- Using Social Networks to Grow Your Email List
- Using Email to Grow Social Followers and Expand Your Reach
- Developing the Right Content Approach for Each Channel
- Tying it All Together for Integrated Campaigns
- Monitoring Metrics and Measuring Results